CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Can This Really Be?

Are my sweet, tiny, bright eyed, 3 pound babies turning 2 tomorrow?

How did this happen?

Where did the past two years go?

I know I have lots of memories of all the amazing things you have accomplished over the past 2 years. But when I close my eyes, I remember like yesterday the day you were born. I remember holding you for the first time and sobbing uncontrollably with joy that overfilled my heart. I can see you trying so hard to focus on my face as I spoke to you and feeling like you knew I was your mommy. I remember waking up smiling to the sounds of your cries when we first brought you home. I still couldn't believe you were mine and you were home. Your first smile, your first laugh, your first night you slept alone in your big girl bed. They all seem like yesterday in my head. Now you are running all over the place with so much excitement and fascination at the world before you. I feel like I just closed my eyes and here we are. My babies are not babies anymore. You are toddlers. Little people. Beautiful little girls. My sweet little babies you will always be.


Sweet Addison


Sweet Charlotte



10 comments:

jenni anne said...

happy birthday beautiful little girls!!!! and a picture with BOTH of them smiling?! i'm jealous. ;)

Casey's trio said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girls! I hope you have SO much fun celebrating. Love both the "then and now" pictures!

Debra said...

I SO love those pictures. How did you get both of them smiling AND looking the right way. We haveto schedule our family picture and I am NOT looking forward to it at all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY girls!!! They grow up so fast. I cannot believe they will be 2 tomorrow! My boys will be 19 months old in 2 days. Two in 5 months. It goes by so fast!

Jocasta said...

Happy Birthday Girls!!!

Your post has made me cry - so beautiful! I think you should use there adjusted age then they aren't as old!!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Happy Birthday......this post made me teary eyed......the girls are soooooo cute.

Connie said...

What a lovely post, it brought tears to my eyes....I love the photo...two smiling 2 year olds in one photo? Fabulous!!!

Laura said...

What a sweet heartfelt post! These moments are so special, so fleeting. Happy Birthday girls!

Beth said...

Enjoy your girls. It only goes by faster. Our mono's will be seven in July and it is hard to imagine. Happy Birthday!

Stephanie said...

NICU pics always make my heart sink..and then they grow up way too fast, don't they? Happy Birthday beautiful girls!

Shannon said...

Such a beautiful post brought tears to my eyes. What amazing little people they are. SOmetimes I wish that I could stop the years from flying by so quickly. Happy Birthday Girls!